By the end of Q2 2015 the U.S. installed 1,361 megawatts, beating out any Quarter in the history. Research done by seia.org has shown overwhelming growth in the U.S. for Solar Energy adoption. As energy technology continues to be the trend through 2016 let’s look at the landscape of innovation in energy technology.
Clean Renewable Energy
CoolPlanet focuses on transforming renewable, non-food biomass into hydrocarbon fuels like gasoline, jet, diesel and a bio-carbon soil enhancement called CoolTerra. Their proprietary energy solutions focus on building an improving agricultural markets.
Elevance uses a new and proprietary technology called olefin metathesis. They create novel specialty chemicals from renewable feedstocks with the goal of delivering everyday products that exceed the performance of existing ones, while leaving a smaller environmental footprint.
Proterra is a manufacture of zero-emission, battery-electric vehicles enabling bus fleet operators to reduce operating costs and provide clean, quiet transportation to the community. The world’s most fuel-efficient bus, the Proterra Catalyst™, is available with on-route, fast-charge technology that enables infinite range and in-yard slow charging.
Sonnenbatterie manufactures Smart-storage systems for renewable energies. They market to homes and small businesses that want to be independent from conventional power supply.
Progressive Power Solutions is a a pioneer in Utah for providing residences and businesses with clean emergency backup power. Solar generators produce power all day, storing it in batteries. They then supply that stored power to the connected appliances on a needed or “on-demand” basis.
No matter the real estate costs, solar energy can reduce your energy bill. You will also be prepared for the energy costs increases that are coming. This is why solar energy is a smart thing to look into. Here are a few simple things you can first consider when beginning to explore the idea of “going solar”.
The amount of energy produced depends on the efficiency of your solar panels as well as the number of solar panels installed. Be sure and crunch the numbers to see how many solar panels you’ll need to install. Progressive Power Solutions of Orem Utah believes it is better to buy the highest performance panels or what they call “investment grade” solar.
Do not think that taking advantage of solar energy requires you to completely tear off the roof. As a starting point, you can replace all exterior sources of illumination with solar powered lamps and light sources. They will charge during the day and provide plenty of light throughout the night.
When thinking about going solar, you can start out small. There are two different ways to accomplish this. You might seek out solar panels that can be mounted on or in a window for recharging portable electronic items. The second is to check out solar-powered camping supplies. Each solar option you choose is one you will not have to pay for on your electric statement.
Unlike just one or two years ago, there are now a number of ways to finance or lease a solar energy system. Just be sure you can transfer the lease should you choose to move out of your home in the future. This is critical, because in the event you decide to move, you do not want to keep paying for solar units that are of little use to you. When you have this option in your contract, you and your prospective buyers can both reap the rewards. Progressive Power will be happy to help you explore different options available here.
Your solar panels should be installed so that they can get the maximum amount of sun through the year. Investing in a sun tracker or an adjustable mount may be something you want to consider, so you can change the angle of your panels throughout the day or change their orientation for each new season. Depending on the layout of your home and the number of panels required this may or may not be needed, but again Progressive Power Solutions knowledgeable team will be able to discuss these options with you during a no obligation home or business evaluation.
Solar power is an amazing thing! It can improve your home, your energy costs, and help the planet! An expert at Progressive Power Solutions would be happy to visit you and do a complete solar evaluation, to layout options of moving over to solar energy and to answer any questions you have about installing solar on your home or business.
To learn more, contact Progressive Power Solutions today at (801) 367-7282 or go to www.ppswest.com.
Everyone across the planet has one thing in common: access to the sun. Solar energy has the potential to be the great equalizer, bringing power to everyone who needs it and solving many environmental issues along the way. Sure, it’s an investment upfront, but the benefits are outstanding. Let’s take a more in-depth look at the potential of solar energy.
- The sun has the capability of providing more energy than the next top ten sources combined.The runners up include things like coal, Uranium, petroleum, natural gas, wind, and water. In fact, solar energy produces more in a year than the world’s entire coal supply. Tapping into the sun can help humanity avoid an energy crisis and stop us from using up resources that can’t be replaced.
- Solar energy avoids many of the dangers of coal power. Did you know that the waste produced by coal power isn’t always safe? For example, 1 out of every 10 women is exposed to so much mercury from coal energy that they are unable to bear children. And more than 6 million children currently live within 5 miles of these coal plants, which produce enough waste to fill up 1 million train cars in just a year. The sun, on the other hand, provides kids with a much-needed vitamin D source and creates no toxic waste when used to power homes and businesses.
- Solar energy costs don’t rise like other sources. Let’s face it: power in the United States is getting expensive. From 1995-2009, prices went up 27%! And they will only continue to rise, partially because of resource shortages, and partially just because of the huge demand. If we want to continue to meet this demand with mostly coal, as we are doing now, we’ll have to build at least 100 new coal plants in the next 15 years.
- The sun is the most stable power source available. Many of the large-scale blackouts that happen in the US could be avoided if we were more reliant on solar power. Think about it. The sun is there every day – even on cloudy days, solar panels can generate some electricity. And while solar panels can and do occasionally get damaged in storms, if they are properly maintained, they are must less susceptible than power lines to the whims of nature. And if the sun disappears, we’ll bigger problems than where our power is coming from.
- New energy sources create new jobs. Including solar energy. In fact, for every 6 homes that install a solar system, 1 job is created. These jobs stay within the United States since installation cannot be outsourced.
- Solar power is the future. More than 30,000 homes are making the switch to solar energy each year, and this number continues to rise. At least a full quarter of Americans over the age of 35 (and therefore more likely to be homeowners) have looked into getting solar energy. The most common deterrent reported is the initial investment, which can be costly. However, these costs continue to go down as technology is improved and the benefits become clear. The sooner you convert to solar energy, the sooner you will start to see a return on your investment.
With all of the facts laid out, it’s clear that solar energy contains the vast possibility of being the perfect energy solution. Less environmental impact, saved money over time, stability, and a positive impact on the American economy are just a few of the perks that come with harnessing the sun. We’re still tapping into all of the promises of solar power.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PPS INVESTMENT GRADE SOLAR SYSTEMS
- System Components: All system components are high-quality, reliable and come from name brand manufacturers that can back their warranty.
- Design & Engineering: Our design and engineering team has proven solar engineering, electrical and construction credentials and experience–done hundreds of systems.
- Installation: Every installation team is led by a NABCEP-Certified professional.
- Company Reputation: PPS was founded in 2006, is well-established and financially healthy. All of our customers are happy, and we are in the solar industry for the long haul.
- Financial Analysis: We’ll explain how much electricity you use now, explain what solar will (and will not) do for you, and give you payback info.
- Financing: Financing is available.
Why Go Solar?
Going solar is a sound financial investment, and a way to start saving money immediately; it’s good for your local economy, and benefits the planet! We also make it easy.
To Find More: Visit http://www.ppswest.com/service.php